Mayers, MD, FRCPC
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine
- Translation of clinical research to clinical practice (non-invasive mechanical ventilation for COPD exacerbation, internet-based asthma management)
- The interactions between sepsis, platelet function and matrix metalloprotease activity
- Health-related quality of life in Sleep Apnea Syndrome
- McNaughton L, Puttagunta L, Martinez-Cuesta MA, Kneteman NS, Mayers I, Moqbel R, Hamid Q, Radomski MW. Distribution of nitric oxide synthase in normal and cirrhotic human liver. PNAS 2002; 99: 17161-17166
- Mayers I, Hurst T, Radomski A, Johnson D, Fricker S, Bridger G, Cameron B, Darkes M, Radomski MW. Increased matrix metalloproteinase activity following canine cardiopulmonary bypass is suppressed by a nitric oxide scavenger. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 125:661-668, 2003
- Hailey D, Jacobs P, Mayers I, Mensinkai S. Auto-titrating nasal continuous positive airway pressure systems in the management of obstructive sleep apnea. Ottawa: Canadian Coordinating Office for Health Technology Assessment; 2003. Technology report no 39.
For a complete list of publications, click here.
Current Sources of Funding
- Alberta Telehealth Health Innovation Fund Eli Lily AstraZeneca ASTHMA