Vision and Objectives
The Pulmonary Research Group is an outstanding research group that promotes excellence in clinical and basic science research and contributes to understanding and management of pulmonary disease.
- To acquire a better understanding of the pathogenesis and molecular events in asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other lung diseases.
- To translate basic science discoveries and clinically relevant observations into improvements in patient management.
- To improve knowledge about health outcome measurements with a view to better application of evidence-based medicine.
- To identify the impediments to optimal care of patients with asthma and COPD and develop approaches to minimize these barriers.
- To study and through educational programs modify human behavior with a view to improving health care management in patients with COPD and asthma.